The City of Bayswater project of the construction of the Morley Sports and Recreation Centre Redevelopment has commenced!
The redevelopment of the Morley Sports and Recreation Centre is one of four major projects partly funded by the City’s $5.09 million Local Economic and Social Stimulus package.
The $6.5 million redevelopments will include:
- New sports hall with two additional basketball courts
- Additional toilets and change rooms
- Match field sports lighting and pitch realignment works
- Aerobics and gym room expansion
- Parking realignment works
The redevelopment would not have been possible without the support of the Western Australian State Government. The Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries provided a $2 million grant through the Community Sport and Recreation Facility Fund, with the support and assistance from the Member for Morley, the Hon Amber-Jade Sanderson MLA.